The Recycling Occupational Therapist is only $25.00 with free shipping with Paypal

Offer only applies in continental United States

Friday, April 22, 2011

Cone Holder for Placement Activities


I always thought that those orange holders at the Trader's Joe store designed to clip onto the card and hold flowers would be useful for hippotherapy. So I asked and the store manager gave me one.

The cones fit in perfectly and I was able to attach the holder onto the side of the basketball stand. This freed up my hands and positioned the holder in a nice location for reaching while inserting cones. I like teaching the kids to turn them over in order to make them fit-a good concept to work on with 2-3 year old cutie pies.

One child was able to do this while standing on top of the horse and then squatting to insert each cone/standing to receive another. This worked on motor planning, sequencing, postural control  and balance as he reached toward the cone holder from the squat position.   



Source: Occupational Therapy Cone Activities by RecyclingOT

No comments: