The Recycling Occupational Therapist is only $25.00 with free shipping with Paypal

Offer only applies in continental United States

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

PUshing Sensory Balls into Box Opening

 
 
I have been collecting various types of squeeze tactile balls over the years. I gathered up my collection and brought it to work one day and it was perfect to use with a blind individual who enjoyed deep pressure sensory input. He had very distinct preferences and told me to remove the ball that felt like a glove filled with water when squeezed. I provided a box with an opening small enough to require pushing with both hands but large enough to be easy to use. He loved !!!
The photo shows the box open with the lid on the right hand side. I am planning to fill some small socks with various fillers such as dried  rice, beans, pasta,  marbles so that he can feel and guess the contents before inserting inside.

No comments: